My Secret To Being Active
My first experience at a gym was life changing. A Body Combat Class and didn’t think I would be able to navigate my way home. Shaking and perspiring all over, heart thumping in my chest and difficulty breathing. I didn’t feel right. Home or emergency department at the hospital. As it turned out I survived – just plain unfit.
This gave me the inspiration to create an alternative active-wear collection loved by women that don’t see themselves as elite athletes.
One in two women in Australia are not sufficiently physically active, a statistic that is contributing to the rates of chronic disease burden for women, according to ESSA (exercise and sports science Australia).
Which woman are you? (Be honest - you can pick more than one).
6 Barriers to Women Being Active
- Existing Medical Conditions including, weight issues, chronic pain, pregnancy, menopause, incontinence, mental health.
- Lack of Discipline to change old habits and be prepared to make lifestyle changes and stick with them.
- Time Poor due to commitments including, family, work, relationships …
- Lack of Motivation on your own. Finding a friend or group to make you accountable has proven very successful.
- Fear of Starting with the fear of failing. If that’s the worst that happens then at least you started.
- Fear of Wearing Body Conscious Activewear and how you feel and look when you step out in public impacts on your confidence. There is a growing movement for alternative activewear as written about recently in the Australian Newspaper.
Regular physical activity is vital for good physical and mental health. It helps improve overall health and fitness, maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk for many chronic diseases and promote good mental health.
LIFE IS ABOUT LIVING AND HAVING FUN
I can assist you in your health and wellness journey to overcome some of the barriers that are holding you back from being active. Life's about living and having some fun and you can see on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/poshactivegirls/ that is what we do. We are not elite athletes, just two girls getting out there having a go.
I am the co-owner of Posh Active and want to inspire woman to take responsibility for themselves and age well.
DON'T LET AGEISM STOP YOU FROM CELEBRATING YOUR LIFE
Together, my buddy Lucy and I intend to disrupt the concept of AGEISM and encourage women to celebrate all stages of their lives. We want women to celebrate the second half of their lives by being the healthiest and liveliest version of themselves.
FREEDOM TO BE COMFORTABLE
How are we going to do this you may ask. By giving you a different option to wear a new style of active-wear that allows you the freedom to be comfortable and look fabulous at the same time.
I would love you to be part of our PA movement and share your story. https://www.facebook.com/poshactivegirls/, watch my Facebook videos and see that I don’t just talk the talk, I walk the walk!
I would love to hear from you so send me a message and join in the conversation.
Just remember Girls